Special Events Service Description
1. Retainer consulting: We represent the business and market development side of many cultural organizations. In order to do this excellently, we study and analyze the client company's situation, objectives, and constraints with complete confidentiality. We then create marketing plans, develop new strategies, represent the company in initial talks with prospective partners/ vendors, and explore different channels of opportunity while promoting diversity.
2. Project consulting: Proposed and billed on a per-project and per-milestone basis, project consulting offers clients our expertise to solve specific problems, develop and/or implement plans, and develop specific information.
3. Market research: Group studies available to selected clients. A group study is a packaged, published and complete study of a specific market, channel, or topic. Examples might be studies of developing consumer channels in Japan or Mexico, or implications of changing margins in software.
Competitive Comparison for Fund Raising and Special Events
The competition comes in several forms:
1. The most significant competition are companies that do no consulting at all, but rather choose to do business development, channel development and market research in-house. Their own managers do this on their own, as part of their regular business functions. Our key advantage in competing with in-house development is that managers are already overloaded with responsibilities. This means that they don't have time for additional responsibilities in new market development or new channel development. Value Diversity can approach alliances, vendors, and channels on a confidential basis, gathering information and making initial contacts in ways that the corporate managers cannot, while constantly building communities and promoting diversity.
2. There are several high-level prestige management consulting groups, but these are essentially generalists who take their name-brand management consulting into specialty areas. The down side in this management structure is that they usually have their partners selling new jobs and inexperienced associates delivering the work for them. We compete against them as experts in our specific fields, and with the guarantee that our clients will have the top-level people doing the actual work.
3. The third general kind of competitor are international market research companies that need in state relationships built on trust that they haven't had time to establish. We offer ideas with conceptional achievement.
Special events through sales representation, brokering, and deal catalysts are an ad-hoc business form that will be defined in detail by the specific nature of each individual case.